About Lady of the Sea
Here at Lady of the Sea General Hospital, all of our patients are important to us. We strive to provide the most advanced health care available in a facility that not only meets today's standards, but exceeds them.
There are many laws around today to protect patients, and we consider these laws very important. For instance, all types of abuse are taken very seriously here. We are mandatory reporters of suspected child abuse, as well as abuse of the elderly or disabled. Please know that if you are a victim of abuse, you medical needs will be handled confidentially and professionally, and a social worker is available to you.
We also take very seriously your patients rights while here in our hospital. All patients have the right to confidentiality in their treatment and care according to the law. We also extend to our patients additional rights to protect not only their health, but also their dignity.
In short, we do treat our patients like family and consider them one of our own. Our tagline "Compassionate Care, Close to Home" is not just a tagline to the employees of Lady of the Sea - it is the directive of our daily work.
Community Health Needs Assessment
Click here to view the Community Health Needs Assessment conducted on behalf of Lady of the Sea General Hospital. This is a follow-up study to studies done in 2007 and 2011.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Karen Collins, RN
CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER
Lloyd Guidry, Jr., Pharm.D.
CHIEF NURSING OFFICER
Holly Griffin, RN
CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER
Bennie Smith, MBA
CHIEF CLINIC OFFICER
Tad Lafont, RN
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Jackie Richoux, CPA
Certifications, Accreditations, Affiliations, and Awards
Lady of the Sea General Hospital is proud of the work we do to achieve the high goals we set for ourselves as well to exceed those expectations you have for us. Below is only a partial list of achievements and accomplishments. For more information on this, please contact us at (985) 632-6401.
- Lady of the Sea has full accreditation to DNV Healthcare Inc. / NIAHO® under deeming authority from CMS.
- Lady of the Sea General Hospital conforms to the Management Standard System ISO 9001:2008.
- Lady of the Sea is a Level 2 Well-Spot! Click here to learn more about our Level 2 Well-Spot status and the Well Ahead program.
- Lady of the Sea is a Tobacco Free Campus. Learn more here.
- Please submit nominations by downloading and returning this form in the DAISY Box located at the front lobby reception area or mailbox area. You may submit nominations as often as you like, since this is an ongoing recognition program. Click here to learn more about Lady of the Sea's program, and click here to learn more about the Daisy Foundation.
- We encourage and support organ donation. Click here to visit the Louisiana website.
- Click here for more on the 5210 Everyday wellness program from the Louisiana Department of Health