Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Vaccine Administration: (Updated 11/11/21)
We are providing the Pfizer BioNTech COVID-19 vaccination to individuals 5 years and older. You do not have to be an established patient of ours to receive the vaccine. To schedule a vaccination, please call Lady of the Sea Medical Clinic – Larose at (985) 798-7000 or Lady of the Sea Medical Clinic – Cut Off at (985) 632-6233. Appointments are encouraged to save you time, but walk-ins are welcome. Vaccinations are being administered daily at both clinics. For additional information on COVID-19 vaccinations or if you took your vaccination through the hospital and would like to speak to someone, please call (985) 632-9500. The vaccines are administered with no out of pocket charge to the patient.
Many of the people who are now eligible to receive a booster shot received their initial vaccine early in the vaccination program and will benefit from additional protection. With the Delta variant’s dominance as the circulating strain and risk of community transmission remaining elevated, a booster shot will help strengthen protection against severe disease in those populations who are at high-risk for exposure to COVID-19 or the complications from severe disease.
Lady of the Sea Medical Clinic – Larose and Lady of the Sea Medical Clinic – Cut Off are providing a 3rd Pfizer vaccine injection for individuals who meet the criteria (as recommended by the State of Louisiana and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)).
- People 65 years and older and residents in long-term care settings should receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine at least 6 months after their Pfizer-BioNTech primary series.
- People aged 50-64 years with underlying medical conditions*** should receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine at least 6 months after their Pfizer-BioNTech primary series.
- People aged 18-49 years with underlying medical conditions*** may receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine at least 6 months after their Pfizer-BioNTech primary series, based on their individual benefits and risks.
- People aged 18-64 years who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting may receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine at least 6 months after their Pfizer-BioNTech primary series, based on their individual benefits and risks.
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic lung disease
- Dementia or other neurological conditions
- Down Syndrome
- Heart disease
- HIV infection
- Transplant recipients (solid organ or stem cell)
- Immune disease
- Liver disease
- Sickle cell disease
- Smoking or former smoker
- Substance abuse
Recent Important COVID-19 Information: (Posted July 27, 2021)
Louisiana COVID-19 positive cases are surging, driven by the Delta variant which makes up an estimated 83% of cases. The surge is evident in the South Lafourche area, according to Lady of the Sea Hospital and Clinics CEO, Karen Collins, “positive cases this month have already surpassed the highest month of positive cases here since the pandemic began.” According to the Louisiana Department of Health, the current COVID-19 surge in Louisiana is alarming. Lady of the Sea is seeing increases in testing, clinic visits, ED visits, and outpatient infusions related to COVID-19 illness.
To protect our community and ensure that healthcare services are available for all:
- Please avoid large gatherings
- Regardless of vaccination status, mask while indoors if 6 feet of physical distance cannot be maintained
- Take precautions by practicing social distancing, washing hands frequently and using hand sanitizer
- Consider vaccination and discuss with your healthcare provider. The vast majority of patients hospitalized with COVID-19 are unvaccinated and of those dying from COVID, 99.5% are unvaccinated.
Important Messages From Our Physicians (Click images to watch videos):
Posted December 7, 2020 --
Please do not delay medical care! Reports of delayed medical care are of great concern for our community. As people are adhering to the Stay Home order, they are putting off their routine medical appointments, tests and treatments. Depending on your medical condition, this can greatly impact your health and recovery.
We want to reassure our South Lafourche community that we have put into place state and national best practices to ensure your safety and health when visiting our clinics, hospital and ER.
Click here or on the image to read more about these changes.
The cash price for COVID-19 screening test is $105.00.
These are tough economic times, but we may have programs to help you get financial assistance for healthcare. Lady of the Sea General Hospital is a Medicaid Application Center. We can assist you with applying for Medicaid. To schedule an appointment, please contact our Financial Assistance staff at (985) 632-8312.
Behavioral Health Resources:
Stress and strong emotions are affecting people during this COVID-19 outbreak. Here are resources available to help with mental health.
Visit the Louisiana Department of Health's Office of Behavioral Health website here to read about their "Keep Calm Through COVID" Hotline
Click here for more information specific to Louisiana only from the Department of Health and Hospitals website.
Per the Louisiana Department of Health, Louisiana’s statewide 211 network is now answering calls about COVID-19, also known as the coronavirus. This network is best designed and staffed to handle the large volume of calls from Louisiana residents who are concerned and who have questions about the rapidly-spreading virus. Anyone looking for information about the COVID-19 outbreak can simply dial 211 or text the keyword LACOVID to 898-211 for the most current information about the outbreak as it becomes available.